GREATER CINCINNATI WOMEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION
The Greater Cincinnati Women’s Golf Association grants a one-time scholarship to outstanding high school seniors. Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution the applicant attends to be used for tuition, fees, room, board and/ or books.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
1. Must be female residing in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.
2. Must be a high school senior who intends to graduate in the year of application.
3. Must meet entrance requirements of and plan to enroll in an accredited college or university.
4. Must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better.
5. Must complete an application as well as provide the following:
a. Two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from a coach or golf professional. One letter can be from a person of your choice.
Letters should be signed! (May be mailed separately)
b. Essay of no more than 250 words describing how golf has impacted
your life and also describe your future goal(s) as it pertains to golf.
c. Most recent high school transcript. (May be mailed separately)
6. Applications must be postmarked by March 1st. Incomplete and late
applications will not be considered. Please do not staple applications.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of academic achievement, excellence of character, and involvement in the sport of golf.
Scholarship recipients will be notified via email in May. The awards will be announced and certificates presented at the GCWGA Kent tournament luncheon in July. The awards will be mailed directly to the recipient’s educational institution in September.
Submit application to:
Chairman, GCWGA Foundation
P.O. Box 9544
Cincinnati, OH 45209
Questions may be addressed to Georgianne Koch at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel. No. 513-484-6005. Additional forms may be found at the gcwga.org web site.